Wednesday, April 25, 2012

OER


Open educational resources are a learning experience for both students and teachers alike. As a future teacher, I will use them in  my classroom similar to a flipped classroom. They will be a resource that I can assign for homework and discuss the implications of them in the classroom.  Furthermore, I can give my students access to resources that they won't be required to use, but might be helpful to them. Dr Math and other resources like it are great examples of such. My students will be able to get on OER Glue and see my curriculum, as well as a list of resources that I have found for them. For them, the possibilities are endless. From actively involving them in their own learning to discovering new resources and communication skills (Open Study.com), open educational resources set a base for student growth and achievement.
Part of being a teacher is continuing the learning process. Open educational resources are a great way to lead from discovery to knowledge. Reading through the material that I will be searching through for my students, I will pick up on key concepts and ideas that I will be intrigued by. From there, I will research the discovered concepts, and thus learn useful ideas such as how to better my curriculum or class management or related topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment