Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cool Tools for School




In my high school mathematics classes, I learned from the teacher and a chalkboard or whiteboard. The most technology I ever used for an assignment was Study Island, an online resource that gives multiple guess questions for students to answer. From personal experience, not the most effective resource. If my students are anything like I expect them to be, aka like me, they won't care about getting the right answer or how they got it as much as getting lucky with their guesses. Honestly, that's what I did every time we had a lab day for Study Island. For this reason, I found a more hands-on resource to use in my classroom: a Smartboard. I never said it would be the most original, but it is the one that I am most comfortable with. Not only that, but there are so many unexplored opportunities to use a smartboard in the class. From interactive polls to writing out problems to interactive games like jeopardy and whack a mole, the possibilities are endless. I will always feel that math is best taught by a chalkboard or whiteboard, and  a smartboard is nothing more than an advanced version.

No comments:

Post a Comment